Monday, July 9, 2007

Time Flys

I just realized I hadn't posted in nearly a month! I completed my first garment project and have actually worn it, in public, on at least 3 separate occassions! Impressive, by my standards. I was so motivated that I have signed up for the Sock class and have started a new garment, a tank top this time. I am 2/3 of the way through the back already! I owe big thanks to Sophia from Anacapa Fine Yarns for assisting me on Thursday. I still don't read patterns all that well. No one told me I was learning a new language, syntax, and verb conjunctions when learning knitting! The language part still has me a bit stymied. I have however taught myself how to "backwards knit"...another version of perling. Now, first you must understand that as a rank amatuer I can just barely knit forwards, so to have taught myself this 'backwards knit' thing is pretty cool. The trick is remembering to do it every other row!

I have enjoyed reading Bea's, April's, Becky's, and Laura's blogs today. Obviously I spent my lunch time well!

See you all soon,
PC

2 comments:

Laura said...

your posts are always so cute.

Becky said...

Well it's about time you posted something woman! Isn't Sophia the greatest? She helped with my Central Park Hoodie on Saturday.

Can't wait to see your top.